See how it works
Tracking results is crucial to ensure your Instagram campaign reaches its potential. Centralize the metrics below in a spreadsheet:
Most marketing manuals are relatively vague when it comes to tracking the results of your influencer marketing campaign or a brand ambassador program. Luckily, you have a lot of useful tools and programs to help you get started.
But first, you have to make a sound plan. In this section, we’ll show you how to make that plan, we’ll share useful tips, and we’ll talk about the best tracking tools. Read on!
Measuring the results of your marketing campaign is not something theoretical. You have to compare those results against something: your goals.
Once you have your goals straight, you can set up key performance indicators that evaluate your performance against your purposes.
If you’re an online marketer, you know that increased website visits are completely different from more newsletter subscribers. Both tactics should ultimately improve your ROI but through distinct routes.
Those routes translate into unique follow-up campaigns.
That’s why you have to be very specific and realistic about your goals. Make sure your brand ambassadors commit to reaching your campaign's objectives. In our article about brand ambassador program examples we outlined what went wrong with some campaigns.
So here is what you need to consider to avoid pitfalls:
1. Evaluate your current position. That means you should know:
2. SMART Goals. Our best advice is to be precise about your objectives and goals. Double-cross these with specific strategies. Ensure your goals are easy to track in a particular time frame.
3. Adjust your goals depending on your audience. Distinct groups will react differently to the same campaign, and you have to foresee these reactions. That way, you can set appropriate goals for each of them.
These two tips can sound a little abstract. Let’s take an example:
Say you have a wild animal shelter, and you need to increase donations in six months. Thus, your ambassador campaign's objectives look something like this:
Of course, your brand ambassadors’ messages can be about a contest, free tours for kids, or other incentives. However, you have to ensure your specific objectives serve your campaign’s main goal.
4. Use loyal customers to increase your ROI. If you want to get more revenues, get loyal customers to promote the products they already love. You can find them with tools like Upfluence Live Capture. The key is to ensure their posts are leading to more conversions.
Brand awareness sounds very theoretical, but it’s not hard to track it if you know what indicators to use:
Here are some tips to increase and evaluate brand awareness:
1. Encourage your customers to share photos on Instagram after buying your products. Repost these photos with your brand’s unique hashtag. This tool allows you to track awareness easier, but it has another advantage: you’re building a cohesive community of customers.
2. Build a giveaway program. Have your brand ambassadors funnel more people to your social media accounts with this giveaway. Track new followers to assess awareness increase.
3. Start a brand challenge with a specific hashtag. Make sure this campaign feels exciting and inspiring to people. Afterward, track and count new posts about your brand.
You can track sales by using these tactics:
Personalized promo code. Keep track of how many sales there have been with these codes. Remember that customers have to visit your website to check out products and to fill in the code. Thus, you’ll know how many sales resulted from each ambassador.
Pro tip: Use Shopify integration tools to generate and assign these codes.
Personalized affiliate links. Each brand ambassador will have their URL to your website’s landing page. Unlike promo codes, affiliate links take customers directly to your landing page. This strategy tells you:
Pro tip: Personalized affiliate links work for apps and SaaS too. Give your brand ambassadors unique links to share with their followers. Track your campaign’s success by counting how many app downloads or SaaS sign-ups you’ve got with each link. Don’t forget to assess how many clicks on your affiliate links ended with no purchase.
Want to learn how to use brand ambassadors for your app? We’ve got you covered here.
There are many tools for brand ambassador tracking, but not all are created equal. Choose according to your purpose because some tools specialize in social media, while others combine several services. Similarly, you can find specific measuring tools for unique channels, like Instagram.
Before choosing your tracking tool, consider:
In this section, you found out how to track your brand ambassador campaign. You now know the importance of defining specific goals and how to set your KPIs. You learned how to use those indicators to track campaign goals like brand awareness and increased revenues.
But you can’t do all that managing and measuring without the right tool. You’ll delve into mountains of data, and you need to interpret them carefully. Otherwise, your campaign is more likely to fail.
Brand ambassador programs work. Craft your strategy wisely, and you’ll reap the results.